Morson Celebrates a Year of Creating an Inclusive and Accessible Recruitment Process with ReciteMe
In February 2019 we announced our partnership with ReciteMe, a cloud-based web accessibility solution which allows us to customise our website to offer a suite of accessibility tools, including solutions for visitors with dyslexia, visual impairment and learning difficulties. Our mission? We wanted to ensure our online recruitment process was accessible to everyone to ensure that there are no barriers in place to hold talented people back.
But our mission didn’t just cover our recruitment services, we wanted to ensure that our clients and candidates could not only browse and apply for our jobs with ease, but they could enjoy reading our story, get inspired by our blog content and learn from our hubs and guides. For this reason, ReciteMe was the perfect tool for us.
In just one year we have helped 6,803 on their path to success. 6,803 people that may have not otherwise been able to apply for a role or read our latest blogs because of disabilities such as dyslexia, sight impairments and even language barriers.
So, let’s look at the story so far…
- 6,803 people have used Recite Me.
- There have been 37,499 clicks on specific accessibility toolbar features.
- 67% of users have used the screen reader feature allowing users to select from 100 different language options, download website content as an MP3 and read-aloud website text in a natural voice.
- 23% have used recite me to translate our website into their preferred language.
- 7% of users have used ReciteMe’s styling features to change the font, colour, spacing and size of our website to help them to read more easily.
Ross Linnett, CEO and Founder, Recite Me said:
“Job opportunities are nearly always digital-first, and online application forms and skills assessments are now standard parts of the recruitment process. By adding Recite Me to their website, Morson is creating a more inclusive experience for candidates, and are widening and diversifying their talent pool.”
We’re working hard to attract talent from untapped pools and so far, we’re proud of the changes that we’ve made to ensure our candidate journey is as inclusive as possible. However, we’re always looking to improve the services that we’re offering and utilise the latest technology to enhance the candidate journey. So, watch this space!