Power, Utilities and Nuclear Recruitment
|of the Group’s annual turnover is generated by power, utilities and nuclear recruitment
||project life cycle support
||power, utilities and nuclear vacancies filled
Morson provides bespoke nuclear recruitment solutions to the industry using an unrivalled knowledge base as well as deep routed connections. Morson has a solid track record of success in specific nuclear recruitment, with the provision of both temporary and permanent personnel across the entire nuclear sector, covering both civil and military applications. We have managed innovative, multifaceted searches across key technical areas from initial design and safety studies through detailed design programmes to final plant commissioning, inspection and handover.
We have supported a variety of projects across the existing nuclear fleet of stations such as Chapelcross, Bradwell, Trawsfynydd and Hinkley that include asset care, lifetime extensions and safety initiatives. Morson also supplies within the rapidly developing sector of Nuclear Plant Decommissioning and the associated environmental impact studies, through to providing engineering resource support to the waste and re-processing industry at both Sellafield and Dounreay.
Our office locations mean that we are ideally placed to support the current nuclear new build programme, with strategically placed branch offices local to key nuclear sites.
- £12million per annum
- Master vendor programme with onsite account team since 2006
- Supply technical and engineering personnel across all projects in the Oil & Gas, Chemical and Nuclear sectors.
- Our centralised solution has provided significant improvements to the recruitment process, resulting in a saving of approximately 4% of turnover per annum.
- A complete e-commerce system was introduced, providing a single consolidated monthly invoice, electronic timesheets and online recruitment management.
- Our work on this contract significantly enhanced Costain’s back office and recruitment processes including a reduction in administration time, back office spend and recruitment spend.
- Babcock 2007-present
We are responsible for the provision of both temporary blue collar workers and contract white collar engineers. We currently supply contractors to Babcock Nuclear Projects with an annual value of approximately £36m for:
- The Jet Project at Culham Centre for Fusion Energy (formerly UKAEA)
- Quedgeley (formerly VT Nuclear Services)
- Ashton Vale, Bristol (formerly Strachan and Henshaw)
The workers supplied to these sites mainly consist of supervisors, engineers and project managers. In 2007 we started working with Babcock Nuclear (then Alstec) on a fuel route outage project at Dungeness B. We supplied Electrical, C&I Technicians, Riggers and Mechanical Fitters, in addition to semi-skilled assistant technicians to work alongside the skilled trades.