Our health & safety management system is accredited to OHSAS 18001. We maintain additional health and safety related qualifications and relationships, including Achilles UVDB Verify, and Link-Up. Our ‘Work Safe-Home Safe’ group-wide initiative aims to ensure every staff member, site operative and sub-contractor gets home safe, every day.
We strive to:
- Promote excellent standards of health and safety management, compliant with current legislation, approved codes of practice and industry standards applicable to the company’s operations and activities.
- Develop safety awareness and individual responsibility for all related matters.
- Develop and implement a behavioural safety programme.
- Maintain an integrated management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2004, (IMS) covering all hazards, risks, aspects and impacts associated with activities.
- Establish, maintain and review realistic and measurable objectives and targets of Safety performance. We will develop and maintain a program of objectives, including responsibilities and timescales, and will review annually for continued suitability.
- Cooperate with our clients, staff and supply chain to ensure that needs and expectations are identified and fulfilled and delivered on time and to budget.
- Employ the services of a dedicated HSQE Management team to provide competent advice and support, ensuring the company is kept aware of latest legislation, industry standards and best practice.
- Identify and assess the relevant hazards, aspects and impacts associated with the Company’s activities and introduce requisite control measures to reduce risk ‘as low as is reasonably practicable’.
- Ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of all staff and sub-contractors whilst at work and also of others who may be affected by our activities.
- Develop a strong HSQE culture by promoting an open approach, encouraging staff to report workplace hazards, near misses, and incidents.
- Ensure we learn lessons from all adverse events.
- Provide appropriate safety training to staff suitable to their roles, responsibilities, client and legislative requirements to enable them to work safely.
- Provide health surveillance where identified as a risk control measure.
- Consult and involve all employees and sub-contractors in the participation of HSQE matters and promote feedback.
- Engage only those sub-contractors and suppliers who have demonstrated their competence and commitment to HSQE matters during the selection phase. Suppliers shall be encouraged to implement systems compatible with ISO9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Implement a program of proactive performance monitoring of sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure that the HSQE policy and individual responsibilities are effectively communicated, understood, monitored and fulfilled and made available to all interested parties.
- Monitor and review our own HSQE performance and revise policies, procedures and risk assessments where necessary in our quest for continual improvement.