Preservation of the environment is a core management responsibility for Vital. Our efforts are guided by the Vital Environmental Policy and ISO 14001 management system.
We are committed to:
- An awareness of how our activities and services impact upon the environment; we are committed to complying with relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Continually improving environmental performance by building environmental considerations into our decision making processes and methods of operation.
- Controlling the emission of smoke, fumes, odours, and dust for the protection of all persons whether or not employed on the works.
- Setting and publishing a clear set of environmental objectives and monitoring results to ensure that targets are met.
- Ensuring that that all Vital sites are covered by this policy and that the policy is implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees.
- Requiring suppliers and contractors to have a proper regard for the Vital Environmental Policy.