What is a Close Call?
“An event that had the potential to cause injury or damage”
In other words – this time no one was hurt and no damage caused, but next time we might not be so lucky. Take all reasonable steps at all times to protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others.
Never put yourself in danger unless you are fully competent to deal with the situation. If in doubt, seek help immediately!
- A Hazard – is anything that has the potential to cause harm
- A Risk – is the chance that a hazard will cause harm
- Reporting a Close Call is a positive act
- The Close Call system operates in a blame free environment
- It is better to have a Close Call than a Lesson Learnt!