Up to £42.35 per hour
about 1 month ago
WTA Power & Propulsion Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £42.35 per hour Umbrella or £37.74 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday allowance)
This role provides an integrated approach in line with Fleet Services' CONOPs to holistically manage product integrity, with governance and oversight of Engineering decisions that affect Power & Propulsion engineering issues for QEC. The QEC WTA Power & Propulsion Systems Engineer will provide the Industry in Service Support Team input, which together with input from the MOD's Warship Approving Authority team, will perform the QEC Design Authority for QEC related power and propulsion system issues.
- Ensure the design integrity of QNLZ is maintained as it transitions from the build to the in service environment;
- Manage the efficient, timely and safe implementation of design change post QNLZ VAD, including update and upgrade activities;
- Contribute to the maintenance of configuration control of QEC;
- Provide authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that the design change has been holistically integrated;
- Ensures that the QNLZ Safety Case has integrity, is comprehensive, coherent and consistent.
- Collect and collates evidence for Naval Authority Certification submissions;
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement of Platform design;
- Feedback on data quality and associated risk.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Good understanding of industry and MoD design / safety management tools and processes;
- Detailed knowledge of the Engineering/ILS/Support industry;
- Good awareness of BAES or similar engineering and project governance processes;
- Good awareness of the MOD/RN engineering and project processes and procedures;
- Sound understanding of the defence maritime industry;
- Broad understanding of matrix management in a complex operational environment;
- Understanding of company Engineering processes and ability to relate and align them to Babcock processes;
- Good understanding of the immediate COM and wider business goals;
- Sound understanding and proven ability of the defence maritime industry, especially the MoD Maritime structure and departments;
- Knowledge of key company and MoD processes.