Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Up to £38.50 per hour + Ltd Co rate
27 days ago
Apprx 12 months
Works Service Engineer (Marham)
To strengthen the BAE AIR business, an opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the existing Investment Projects team, working across Warton Unit, as a Works Service Engineer. The role is based at RAF Marham site, but flexibility in working across the unit is expected.
Reporting to the RAF Marham Investment Projects FM Team Leader, the successful candidate would be responsible for the management and implementation of a wide range of facilities and estates projects across the BAE Systems Warton Unit sites. These projects could including New building design & construction, key infrastructure upgrades, utilities installation & removal, building refurbishments, office accommodation upgrades, introduction of manufacturing plant & equipment and/or site rationalisation work.
The role involves the following
* Interpretation of site customer requirements, leading to the preparation of design specifications, implementation plans and financial business cases.
* Close liaison with site customers and engineering professionals both internally and external to BAE systems (e.g. Estates Services, Fire, Security, Risk Management, Infrastructure and Maintenance)
* Co-ordination and managing project teams, consultants and contractors to effectively resource the project design and implementation phases
* Management of Health & Safety aspects throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring projects are designed, coordinated and implemented in line with current company processes and statutory health and safety legislation.
* Liaising, applying for and achieving the required Statutory & Local Authority approvals
* Application of technical skills to work towards ensuring all relevant BAE / industry standards are achieved and costs are minimised where possible.
* Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with company and departmental quality procedures.
* Undertaking site inspections and checks of the working environment in respect of the tasks being undertaken by the Construction contractors, producing site inspection reports, "Go look Sees", identification of defective works, reviewing method statements, witness testing and commissioning.
* Monitoring and managing implementation progress against the agreed design, programme and quality plans, to achieve the project objectives and progress milestones.
* Managing the handover, acceptance and defect management process to the satisfaction of the customer.
* Supporting any agreed customer transition, fit out and/or capability insertion phases, with close interface with the respective project team, stakeholders and customer.
* An understanding of the financial management, justifications and budget control throughout the life of the project.
To fulfil the role, you should possess the following demonstrable skills or experience
* Awareness of Construction and/or Plant & Equipment projects.
* Good Health & Safety management with suitable qualifications.
* Experience using a Project Lifecycle Management process.