West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
10 days ago
Works managers will report to the Senior Works manager in the same site team of 20.
You will work very closely with the Section Engineer for their area, and also with the relevant trade contractor supervision. You will undertake some supervision of my clients' Works Trainee.
A senior member of the pre-construction or project team reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for organisation and coordination of all logistical operations and procedures, in order to ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency and safety in both the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Please note that the responsibilities and accountabilities can vary or change from time to time based on business/project requirements.
Responsibilities of the Works Manager include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring the responsibilities identified to you in the Company Health and Safety Policy Part 2 are conducted in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS)
* Site management of health and safety
* Assist the Project Manager by ensuring all staff, operatives and supply chain partners attend site inductions
* Manage and control daily activity "Black Hat" briefings for the coordination of trade contractors and sub-contractors
* Manage and control of construction based logistics, plan for materials orders, sub-contractor and plant availability
* Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, across all functions including quality, health and safety and environmental
* Liaise with site based Environmental Manager to ensure compliance with environmental requirements including nuisance controls and pollution prevention
* Assisting the Chief Engineer in producing and reviewing Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Inspection and Test Plans (paying particular attention to safety requirements)
* Assist the Package Engineers to ensure the adherence of all Sir Robert McAlpine foremen, site operatives and sub-contractor personnel to the applicable procedures and approved Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Inspection & Test Plans and site activity records
* Ensure the implementation and assist with the delivery of Supervisor Leadership Workshops.
* Control site opening hours ensuring suitable supervisory coverage is provided at all times, manage staff rota, holiday and weekend cover
* Controlling of Sir Robert McAlpine foremen and operatives
* Complying with other environmental requirements, including nuisance controls and pollution prevention
* Continually improve and drive safe working practices
* To take responsibility and control aspects of prelim budget
* Liaise with the project commercial team to agree and fully understand the scope of the site waste management plan
* Assist the Chief Engineer/Package Engineers to monitor progress against construction programme and provide reports to Project Manager as agreed in the Project Control Plan
* Ensure all site based activities are communicated to Project Delivery team, Works Staff Engineers, Commercial team, Project/Community Liaison
* Liaise with Section Engineer and Package Engineers on construction programme and provide conflict resolution when required
* Assist in controlling site waste, materials, deliveries, energy and water use
* Provide guidance to tender team during pre-construction planning on buildability, welfare, site waste management, and logistics submissions during tender process
* Ensure site welfare facilities are to the expected high standards and maintained accordingly and are all in accordance with HSE statutory requirements
* Manage and control site access and egress in accordance with the project control plan
* Ensure all Works Manager Responsibilities are carried out as identified within the Sir Robert McAlpine project standards, creating positive professional attitudes document.
* Liaise with the Office Manager to ensure accurate recording of all weekly operatives-direct labour time sheets
* Be an active member/participate in the site leadership teams, which include safety, quality, and sustainability
* Control the logistics and works activities to ensure that we are considerate with regard to the neighbours/local community
* Delivering best possible Considerate Constructors Scheme Scores (if project is signed up to the scheme)