Greater Manchester, England
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
6 months ago
My client is recruiting for a Works Manager at their site in Greater Manchester, the role is a permanent position which will involve managing the workforce of a bespoke Machinery Manufacturing site.
Job Title: Worksop Manager / Production Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8am start
Location: Greater Manchester
As the Workshop Manager, your role will be to monitor, motivate and manage a team of fitters and fabricators guiding them towards efficient processes and ensuring good quality in the finished product.
- Control and plan production
- Man management - Delegate tasks for the team to maximise resources
- Implement new ideas and process improvement eg 5s or other lean techniques.
- Inspect completed works and assess quality
What we're looking for:
- Understanding of sheet metal fabrication or similar
- Experience of managing 10 - 20 shop floor staff
- Mechanical craftsman technical experience or similar would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstration of leadership skills, people management and projects / initiatives.
- Very stable employer, growth year on year
- Professional and friendly team
- Established 50 years with blue chip client base.
To apply, please follow the relevant buttons on this Job page. Alternatively, you can contact me via LinkedIn, Charlie Moore working at Morson International.
Key; Production manager; workshop manager; works manager; lean manufacturing; 5s; production planning; sheet metal; fabrication; conveyers; presses; screw conveyors; food; pharmaceutical; plastics; chemicals; feeds; mixers; hoppers; silos; tanks; heat exchangers; vessels.