Works InspectorPrincipal Responsibilities
- Execute specific instructions on materials, equipment and construction / installation activities on site in line with delegated authority
- Monitor construction equipment utilization and maintenance
- Coordinate direct hire work activities with subcontractor work activities
- Monitor actual work performance against the project schedule
- Inspect the works to assure it’s preparation, monitor the construction or installation process(es), assure the interfaces and attend the asset / system commissioning
- Check the conformity with the Quality Control Plan and obtain the relevant documentation.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection & Test Plan
- Perform construction quality assurance (surveillance and monitoring) on design and build projects to establish confidence that the quality of the work being performed meets requirements.
- Perform construction quality control (100% through planned Hold and Witness points) on traditional projects to establish confidence that the quality of the work being performed meets requirements.
» Issue the relevant quality records and non-conformances reports
- Check certifications (including for element mixes) and sampling operations (where required), including the review of any laboratory examination results
» Verify special processes and the relevant workers’ qualifications
» Approve the layout of required temporary construction facilities for the project
- Monitor the use of calibrated measuring and test equipment on the project
- Ensure the orderly collection, checking and management of documents certifying tests, controls and inspections carried out and witness the tests, controls and inspections carried out
- Ensure construction site cleanliness and housekeeping requirements are met
- Ensure that site rigging work activities meet safety and site-specific requirements
- Review project schedules and work plans for the work to be performed
- Identify construction critical items that have the potential of impacting the work schedule
- Monitor where required that appropriate security compliance requirements such as escort passes and vehicle passes are being met by the contractor
» Implement specific roles or duties set out in the Airport Directions
Mandatory Practicing/Training/Compliance Certification