£28.00 - £32.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
A leading Aerospace defence client based in Yeovil is seeking a workflow engineer.
The primary role of the Principal Engineer Workflow is to support the Principal Engineer - Workflow Co-Ordinator in the timely delivery of Publications / IPS technical data to meet aircraft programmes and In Service Support requirements .
Ensure all Production Services tasking is completed in accordance with departmental procedures DPR.CSU.17.12/DPR.CSU.15.12 and ISO19.7.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
% of Time
· You are responsible for ensuring that activities under your control are undertaken in accordance with the requirements set out in the AWL SHE Policy, Health & Safety Operating manual, Health, Safety & Environment Management System Manual (HSE MSM). These documents identify your key responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act and other relevant HS&E legislation.
· Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSE MSM Section 8.7 - Employees
· Functionally reporting to the Principal Engineer Workflow Co-Ordinator for your day to day duties you will support them in the discharging of the Production Services Workflow activities.
·Support the harmonisation of the workflow team process and procedures.
· Ensure all platform variants work scope and technical data outputs meet all stakeholders requirements as detailed in DPR.CSU.17.12 and ISO 19.7.
· Ensure workflow deliveries are to the right quality / content / functionality and within the agreed budget and timeframe.
· Involve as necessary the Product Support Engineering Quality team to ensure all necessary actions and quality escapes are identified.
· When required support the collation of technical data and IETP application software to build and deliver an Integrated Electronic Technical Publication.
· Plan, control and allocate priorities for all required work, ensuring all works and schedules are agreed with the associated stakeholders and identifying any associated risks.
· Provide technical expertise and ensure requested work assessments are accurate and have captured all requirements
· Collate and control the creation of the contracted Statement of Works which identifies the work to be discharged, and provide efficient reporting to ensure timely delivery of all IPS Technical data
· Ensure accurate reporting including any KPI's covering your activities are co-ordinated and reported in accordance with the Principal Engineer Team Leaders requirements.
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Educated to at least HNC level in a relevant aviation related subject. Alternatively, to have completed a recognized engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role.
Knowledge of engineering and helicopter systems and experience in helicopter operations/support.
Knowledge of the Company Airworthiness and Flight Safety processes and requirements.
Knowledge of the Company Engineering organization, quality processes, operating procedures and drawing systems.
Have an understanding of Logistic Support Analysis, publications production including Aircrew and spares provisioning.
An understanding of program management to meet programme timescales utilising the efforts of a team of skilled and experienced personnel.
Proficient keyboard skills plus an accomplished knowledge of computers and computer system applications.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, the aptitude to make sound technical assessments/ judgements based on knowledge and experience, highly self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team.
Scope of Role
· Support the timely delivery of the agreed updates/creation of Publications and IPS technical data to meet the requirements of all stakeholders
· Production of Technical information, instructions and there delivery to ensure customer satisfaction in operating the fleet in a safe manner on time, within budget.
· Reporting to the relevant Production Services Line Managers
· Functionally reporting to the Principal Engineer Workflow Co-Ordinator
· Direct working relationships with the following positions or departments:
· All Production Services functional areas
· Engineering/CPE/Operations/ Safety department/Engineering functions
· Procurement for supplier requirements
· UK Ministry of Defence, Technical data teams
· Customer Support Programme Management area's
· Business Units for emerging new programmes.