Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the S Glos area has a long term contract role for a Work Pack Lead (Project Support)
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this position is to plan and perform work, requiring sound technical and practical judgments in the evaluation, organisation, and execution of Company project management assignments. This role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below. The overall objective is managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the customer contract and ensure the project safety, quality, value and timeliness of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience. At this level, the role may have the responsibility as the only project manager on a small project with full accountability for the general duties, or the responsibility for general duties on a mid-sized project or more complex part of a larger project.
* Contribute to the creation and coordination of overall project plans, schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans
* Support the preparation, delivery and coordination of project deliverables.
* Support the consistent application of project procedures for performance of administrative, project and design tasks in accordance with PD25 Magnox Project Management Process and Procedures.
* Perform basic project management functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems.
* Assist in management and coordination of activities among all project functions and engineering disciplines in accordance with the established project baseline.
* Support identification and evaluation of issues and events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project or service scope, cost, or schedule.
* To lead by example to encourage a safety first working culture.
* Actively identify 'Lessons Learned' from current and completed projects. Support the application of experiences to maximise the effectiveness of Company project delivery.
* Plan and organise own work assignments.
* Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory & statutory requirements and company standards.
* Ability to actively communicate effectively with management, co-workers, clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
* Actively develop personal job related technical knowledge necessary to enhance project delivery.
* Other duties as assigned