29 days ago
As a WordPress / Full Stack Developer you will be responsible for the front end / back end development of a large brochure style corporate website built using WordPress. You will work from a detailed spec, wireframe and PSD's to deliver a beautifully crafted website for our customers.
5+ years' experience in WordPress development including:
- Installation and configuration of WordPress 5+, MySQL Database etc.
- WordPress and PHP development including template development, integration with micro services via API.
- Experience creating Gutenberg blocks either using ACF or React.
- PHP, MySQL, Apache (experience with Linux SSH command line)
- Experience using CSS frameworks (Bootstrap / Foundation) and Flexbox
- Experience using CSS and JS to add elegant animated effects to interactive page elements.
- Ability to create pixel perfect HTML from PSD's and wireframes
- Comfortable using Git / GitHub
- Deployment via FTP or deployment tools e.g. Azure Dev Ops
- Strong debugging and browser testing skills to ensure code works as expected front end and back end.
- Experience optimising code to ensure it loads fast
- Understanding of coding best practices ensuring all code is lean, bug free and semantically correct including compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA where possible and W3C validation.
- Understanding of what is required to build WordPress sites with security best practice in mind
- Proven ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and deliver results within tight timeframes
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Creative approach to solving problems
- React experience
- Experience using deployment tools like Azure Dev Ops Pipelines
- Ability to gain MOD SC security clearance desirable
- Other security clearances as contracts demand; e.g. CRB Check
- Portsmouth, Hampshire