about 1 month ago
Morson has a Permanent role for a WIST R2 Manager ( Wildcat Helicopter Workshop Manager) working at RNAS Yeovilton near Yeovil in Somerset.
Accountable to the Logistics Manager for delivering an unserviceable asset recovery Service for WIST In Scope materiel. Identifying the most cost-effective recovery strategy, minimising turn round times and optimising component utilisation.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Implementation and Maintenance of Customer Service
- To establish an effective Equipment Control Section (ECS) resourced by qualified personnel, trained and authorised to assess components returned as unserviceable and identify the most effective repair option.
- To liaise with the WIST SLICT to establish efficient procedures for the management of items to be processed as R2, R4 or for disposal
- To establish, in consultation with the WIST SLICT an efficient, sustainable and relevant Daily Workshop Output Plan (DWOP) and targets for R2 Workshops.
- Manage the DWOP.
- To establish an effective working relationship with the R2 Workshops Client Lead to optimise prioritisation and capability in support of WIST delivery.
- Discuss workshop priorities with the Supply Support Lead for the delivery of assets to meet High Priority demands.
- Manage the delivery of KPI data to ensure contractually agreed KPIs are met.
- Act as a conduit for information between the WIST SLICT, Workshops, Supply Support Lead and Buildings 167 and 168.
- Act as POC with the air station for all R2 and R4 process queries and enquiries.
- Act as the UART Manager for all In-Scope items.
- Deputise for the Supply Support Lead in their absence
- People Management
- To provide Leadership to personnel under their Line Management, taking responsibility for the holistic management of performance and pastoral care, liaising with Morson HR and different Client Management as necessary
- To establish clarity of identity, role and responsibility for all team members underpinned by clearly defined objectives and behaviours.
- To establish a culture which maximises the employment of personnel cognisant of Client Company strategies for the through life management of component provision.
- To establish open communications with the Workshops Manager and WIST SLICT for the identification of alternative repair options.
- To establish a responsible and mutually respectful relationship with the associated Client management team.
- To maintain a robust and compliant Health & Safety culture in consultation with the Logistics Manager.
- Product Management
- To establish, in consultation with the WIST SLICT and Support Centre, robust procedures for the return of items for R4 repair and advise on the R4 Demand Plan.
- To support the delivery to the R4 Demand Plan, liaising with WIST SLICT and Support Centre to establish efficient and mutually beneficial working relationships.
- To manage the R2 workshop output IAW the DWOP.
- To Liaise with the Building Manager for resolution of Government Furnished Facilities issues and the maintenance of a compliant working environment.
- Control and agree the DWOP in consultation with all relevant parties
Essential Knowledge, Skills:
- Developed problem-solving abilities and the application of them in a support environment.
- A sound knowledge of the Customer's organisation structure, processes and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge understanding of the Wildcat aircraft and its systems.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Material supply process from Supplier to Customer.
- Have 10 years' experience of defence industry supply/logistics processes with specific experience in logistic systems e.g. SAP/MJDI/Optimizer/GOLD esp etc.
- Be an effective communicator with the ability to interface with all levels of the Authority and industry. Including the confidence to lead joint Industry / Customer / Supplier meetings and teams.
- The ability to present an argument to both Line Management and the Team with clarity but remain open to change when appropriate and take a robust stance and drive through a policy once agreed.
- Be PC literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with experience of working on and managing across, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Maintain an awareness of the roles of the aircraft including spares.
- Be adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of a Service Delivery environment.
- Working knowledge of the company organisation and operating procedures for business, commercial, finance, technical and procurement.
- In-Depth knowledge and understanding of repair policies for aerospace components in the UK military environment.
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details