Up to £44.50 per hour
9 days ago
Wintel Systems Engineer / Integrator (SC Cleared)
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £44.50 per hour (37 hour week)
Our client requires Wintel Systems Engineer/Integrators to support various Defence projects at Christchurch.
The role will involve designing and documenting subsystems in a Wintel environment with part of this process being to prototype solutions. The prototyped solution would then be used to develop a build specification to allow an automation team to script the installation and configuration.
The role will also require troubleshooting and problem solving skills over a wide range of technologies to integrate the deployment on ruggedized hardware.
● Producing clear and concise Subsystem low level design and implementation of that design
● Producing Interface designs.
● Developing releases within an agile environment.
● Support the team in managing and maintaining reference systems.
● Collaboration with other members of the agile team sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
● Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
● Using the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test work.
● Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment.
● Windows Server 2012 R2
● Active Directory
● Windows 10 or Windows 7 Operating Systems
● VMware virtualisation
● Working in a team designing and integrating in a Wintel environment
● Technical documentation production
● IP Networking, load balancing, firewalls and routers using Cisco, Juniper and McAfee
● Atlassian toolset
● Working in an Agile development environment.
**Applicants require a minimum of SC clearance and be willing to undergo DV clearance**