Up to £50.00 per hour
7 months ago
Integration Engineer (Wintel)
Location - Corsham
Duration - 6 Months
Rate - £50.00 per hour
Designer/Integrators work as part of the Solution Design team and are responsible for the design and implementation of Windows based components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform; as directed by the technology team lead, reporting upwards to the Solution Design Lead.
- Become familiar with the NSoIT(D) core infrastructure design by reviewing existing Intermediate, High, Low and Detailed Level Design documents for Windows Applications and Services within the platform.
- Perform Product Selections of Applications and Services that are required within our Core Windows estate.
- Operate in a "fail fast, fail early" mindset when developing and testing technical solutions to complex problems with limited requirements.
- Produce quality High, Intermediate, Low and Detailed Level Design documents for all of NSoIT(D)'s core components as directed.
- Ensure that all develop solutions conform to good industry practice for design and deployment.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Infrastructure Architecture team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work prior to formal review by the Solution Design Lead.
- Use the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test your work.
- A proven track record for delivering on large-scale IT projects, in which you were responsible for designing and implementing solutions.
- Designing and building Windows infrastructure environments.
- Working with Enterprise Systems, Platforms and Networks within a datacentre environment.
Hands on design, de-risking and development experience of the following technology domains:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2:
- AD and NTFS permissions
- Group Policy / SCCM (Including Security Hardening)
- Enterprise Printing
- Microsoft Exchange up to version 2016 where possible
- Voice and Video Conferencing
- Skype for Business
- SIP with TLS federation
- Database Services
- Microsoft SQL Server up to version 2016 where possible
- Replication and Backup Technologies
- Cross-site failure and resiliency
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Storage Technologies
- SAN Design and Configuration
- Virtualisation Technologies
- VMWare Virtualisation Platforms (ESXi, vCentre, vSAN)
- Desktop Management
- VMware Desktop Delivery (Horizon, AppVolumes)
- Windows 10 Deployment
Any of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
- Networking certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or similar.
- Virtualisation certification, VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar,
- Windows Server certification, MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) / MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or similar.
Other Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with NATO FAS applications.
- Experience with UK Public Sector deployed systems applications and services.
- Experience in developing secure architecture within a multi-tenanted environment.
- Chartered Engineer Status
Working as part of an Agile development team.