Up to £44.50 per hour
9 days ago
Windows Scripting Engineer
Defence Information requires a Windows scripting engineer to support the New Style of IT (Deployed) project at Corsham. The role will involve developing scripts to automate the installation and configuration of a wide range of applications and infrastructure e.g. Exchange, Veeam, VMware products. PowerShell is the script language of choice as the development is mostly for a Windows environment, though other scripting languages are also used. There is already a large scripting team that operates as a software team using an Agile methodology, and these roles are in this team.
The successful engineer will be expected to integrate in to teams responsible for:
- Developing zero-touch scripts that integrate with bespoke and COTS orchestrators e.g. Ansible
- Integrating and testing scripted deployments in a virtual environment and then a physical environment
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment
The applicant would ideally have skills in at least some of the following areas and a willingness to learn:
- PowerShell, including advanced coding features e.g. Workflows, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Bare Metal Deployment. Training can be provided if an otherwise suitable candidate needs these skills enhancing
- Python, batch scripting, VBScript
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- VMware, ESXi, vCenter, NSX, Horizon
- Undertaking changes in controlled environment
- Atlassian toolset
- Collaborative working in a team environment
- Technical documentation production.
Applicants must have a minimum of SC clearance and be willing to undergo DV clearance.