East Renfrewshire, Scotland
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Windfarm Operational Controller for an approx 14 month duration based at Whitelee Windfarm.
Scottish Power Renewables is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group's international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms, we manage all our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm., near Glasgow.
At Scottish Power Renewables, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
This role sits within the Renewables Control room centre at Whitelee Windfarm.
You will control, co-ordinate and monitor the Scottish Power Renewables operational portfolio to ensure the highest availability and will have a direct influence to ensure the safe and efficient execution of site activity and accurate recording of site performance
* Remote Re-setting of Wind Turbine faults to maximise energy capture across the Scottish Power Renewables windfarm portfolio
* Real-time updating of energy trading related IT systems, and interface with the Energy Management operational control desk to ensure that optimal value is obtained from the windfarm portfolio output
* Receive and initiate instructions as required from the Transmission and Distribution Network operators to ensure compliance with the GB Grid Code and associated local interface agreements
* Liaison with Field Supervisors as required to ensure that relevant site-specific issues are transferred in a timeous manner so that appropriate response can be initiated
* Assist in the identification of new, and development of existing, procedures and systems associated with the operational activity of the Windfarm Central Control Centre to ensure that best practice is maintained across the windfarm portfolio, including the maintenance of a portfolio-wide windfarm Authorisation register
* Interface with internal and external stake-holders as required to ensure the safe and compliant operation of the windfarm portfolio (including members of the public/landowners etc)
Skills & Requirements
* Will have a sound knowledge of electro-mechanical generating plant and apparatus or previous experience within the Renewable industry.
* Educated to City & Guilds level or equivalent in either an electrical or mechanical discipline
* Sound knowledge and practical experience of working under Wind Turbine Safety Rules or equivalent industry safety rules
* Good organisational and interpersonal skills
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing working environment and demonstrate a positive approach to change
* Ability to work 24/7 365 day shift patterns covering both dayshift and nightshift
* High degree of self motivation with a flexible approach to work