Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
2 months ago
We are looking for a Well Operations Engineer for our client based in Aberdeen.
* Lead a team of Well Operations Supervisors to execute an agreed schedule of Well Management P&A activities
* Provide effective day to day co-ordination of all Well Operation P&A activities including Interventions, Workovers, Integrity verification repairs associated with P&A activity.
* Integrate fully into the operational infrastructure and co-ordinate interfaces with the drilling, sub-surface, logistics and asset teams to produce forward activity plans.
* Deliver Wells Management P&A activities to meet programme objectives within time, budget and performance targets.
* Ensure all Wells Management P&A activities are planned and executed in accordance with safety and quality standards and processes.
* Track Wells Management P&A activity costs in relation to approved budgets and expenditure.
* Leading and/or enabling change and continual improvement.
* Ensure that the clients Safety Management System and Well Operations Policies & Procedures are complied with at all times and that appropriate preparation and resource has been made to permit the safe execution of all activities.
* Promote and assist in safety initiatives and incident investigations and follow up actions.
* Support and participate in quality and safety audits relating to well operations P&A activities
* Define activity work scopes from proposals on Project Summary Sheets, AFI's or AFE's and through communication with multi- discipline teams.
* Develop P&A work programmes (and associated work instructions), ensuring that adequate peer review and risk assessment are held and documented
* Obtain programme approval for planned activities.
* Plan, co-ordinate and execute Wells Management P&A activities to meet programme objectives within time, budget and performance targets for production protection, production add and to maintain well integrity.
* Co-ordinate efforts to develop and implement effective solutions to resolve well related problems and issues.
* Ensure that the required, personnel, equipment and services are available for the planned operations.
* Ensure design, materials, equipment etc. are appropriate for intended activity.
* Specify and arrange procurement and timely supply of resources equipment, manpower and services.
* Ensure effective use of equipment and materials inventories.
* Ensure the accurate and prompt reporting of Wells Management P&A activities and operational performance.
* Monitor and evaluate the performance of client and contractor personnel and ensure reporting of same for improvement discussions.
* Provide technical support for the well operations team, peer groups and contractors.
* Support the development and implementation of improvement initiatives.
* Ensure new technologies are appraised and utilised as appropriate to aid continued improvement of well operations.
* Ensure that all operational activities and those of contractors are carried out fully in accordance with the requirements of Quality Standards, Procedures and work instructions.
* Actively participate in improving the Quality Management System where appropriate.
* Mentor Well Operations Supervisors and graduate trainees as appropriate.
Education attainment & Accreditation
* Min City & Guilds/ONC, time served in disciple, equivalent in engineering preferred
* Well Control IWCF or equivalent
* Offshore Survival
Professional Skills & Experience
* Engineering background - apprenticeship.
* Significant offshore experience in relevant disciplines.
* Previous onshore experience in Well Operations or via internal development position.
* Technical understanding of the complexities of planning and executing well and platform operations.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
* Proven supervisory and man management skills.
* Good communication and liaison skills involving multi-discipline teams.
* Team player with methodical and organised approach to tasks and problems.
* Computer literate and capable of collating & interpreting technical information and preparing reports of well operational activities.
* Ability to travel offshore