Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
Proficient and experienced in the use of MMA and MIG/MAG/FCAW welding processes in ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
* Basic Understanding of the operational controls of the equipment associated with the above welding process equipment
* Understanding of the quality assurance requirements associated with the control of welding e.g. weld maps/control of consumables/working to procedures
* Able to work on tasks requiring radiographic/ultrasonic examination and passing the required welder approval tests associated with the welding processes quoted above in various welding positions.
* Able to understand written and oral work instructions including the use of welding procedure specifications and capable of interpreting engineering drawings showing welding symbols
* Knowledge of the health and safety risks associated with welding and working in the ship repair environment.
* Understanding of Hot work and confined space permits/requirements/procedures
* Trained in the use of hand held grinders and the changing of the abrasive wheels associated with this equipment
* Understanding of the methods to prevent welding distortion including balanced welding sequences, restraining bars, etc.
* Understanding of the basic requirements of the visual acceptance requirements for welds
There may be occasions when you would be asked to work/travel outside of the main location