Up to £36.50 per annum
14 days ago
Can be based onsite in Rosyth or Devonport
Job Specification - Weights Engineer
* Naval Architect
* This role will centre on the production of a full complied and reconciled Weights database.
* A key element of the role is the assessment of system Third Party Information (TPI) to identify structures, equipment and systems and check against the ShipWeight database.
* The Weights Engineer will be required to translate weights information into a purpose-made tool, which allows and configured against the project Master Equipment List.
* Regular reporting of progress against Weight Management Plan.
* Experience of weight engineering processes (weight, centre of gravity, weight distribution, etc)
* Knowledge of ship structures, routed systems and/or outfit and arrangement
* Ability to understand and interpret Classification Society (Lloyd's Register) requirements in the context of cable selection and routing.
* Experience of assessing system and equipment data.
* Experience of interpretation and manipulation of large amounts of data.
* Good attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies across complex datasets and design information.
* Ability to work independently and solve problems via liaison with other functions across the project.
* Strong interpersonal skills, adept at communicating at various levels across technical and commercial settings.
* Ability to clearly articulate progress and report key issues and risks to team management, and proactively work to minimise technical and schedule impacts.
* Good knowledge of Weights, AutoCAD and Rhino highly desirable.
* Basic knowledge of ShipWeight desirable.