Up to £35 per hour
7 months ago
Description of the job
The E-Fan X project will fly a 2MW Hybrid-Electric Propulsion System in 2021 and establishing Airbus' leadership in this technology. The project contributes to the overall Airbus strategy on reducing emissions.
After safety, weight is the most critical topic for electric and hybrid-electric aircraft. The weight management of E-Fan X is therefore absolutely critical, both for the success of the demonstrator programme and for the future success of commercial electric and hybrid-electric aircraft.
You will be responsible for the overall weight management of the project, including the weight of suppliers and partners (including Rolls-Royce), the overall Hybrid Electric Propulsion System and BAE Systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Being responsible for the overall weight and CG of the E-Fan X demonstrator
* Being responsible for the weight and CG of the Hybrid Electric Propulsion System
* Ensuring all partners and suppliers achieve their weight targets and have a robust weight accounting system
* Ensuring robust weight risk and opportunity management across the project
* Acting as weight signature for internal drawing release
Your Boarding Pass:
* Experience of weight management of a development programme
* Experience of working in transnational organisations and management of internal and external suppliers
* Experience of approving and authorising weight calculations
* Ability to regularly travel within Europe
You are an enterprising person, flexible and capable of adapting to changing environments. Able to self-manage in a non-hierarchical environment, understanding what the organization needs, acting and making decisions accordingly.
You have a clear willingness to work outside of your job description and do what's needed to deliver the demonstrator.
You are a hands-on person, solution oriented and communicative. You have negotiation skills.
You have and share the values of transparency, courage, humility, empathy and care for the others.
You are willing to have fun