Weapon Systems Engineer Estimator
Warton, Lancashire (currently working from home) - 12 month contract - Pay rate £38.57 p/h Umbrella / £30.02 p/h PAYE basic (£34.38 p/h inc holiday pay)
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to undertake estimating activity for our aerospace and defence client. This team are currently working from home.
Our client have a vacancy for a Weapon Systems Engineering Estimator to undertake new business support. This position is well suited to an individual that has excellent communication skills is self motivated and can contribute as part of a team and overall business.
The Weapon System Engineering Integration Engineer role within the WSE Integration Team requires the candidate to undertake various tasks in support of the overall WSE team.
The primary role will be in support to the New Business Team requiring the review of Statements of Work and Estimate Launch information and compile an estimate comprising of a breakdown by the following WSE sub teams - Configuration & Change, Qualification and Certification, Safety, Export Engineering & Airworthiness.
The sub teams will support the estimating process and it will be necessary to liaise with other departments, hence good communication skills are essential.
There are various types/levels of estimate, each with their own progression process which must be adhered to.
In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to support and eventually lead Programme Management activities for assigned programmes within the Typhoon, Tornado and Harrier A/C.
There will also be an expectation to support the integration business area in other activities where cover is necessary in this responsible and demanding position.
- Supporting the New Business team in the delivery of project milestones in line with commitment dates
- Working with a culture of Right First time and support/drive initiatives to improve the quality of our deliverables.
- Working with a culture of Safety First and support the delivery of safe products and working environment.
- Supporting the New Business team through suggestions for continuous improvement and transformation within the team and wider department.
- Display a professional attitude in dealing with all personnel in the business, having consideration for workload and programme pressures.
- Have sufficient technical knowledge to articulate a basis for the estimate to management as part of the approval process.
Requirements for the role are:
- Proven ability undertaking systems engineering/project engineering role within aerospace sector
- Knowledge of estimating engineering activities is advantageous but not essential
- Proficient in all Microsoft programmes especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with good organisational skills.
- Willingness to undertake additional activities in support to the Business team function.
- The candidate must have excellent Microsoft Office Excel skills and be good with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Communication, Team Working and Motivation are Essential
The role is involved in compiling estimates for Cam 220 Weapon Systems engineering which comprises of Config, Change, Safety, Qual and Cert, Export Engineering and Airworthiness sub teams.
The volume of estimates to support a department of approximately 90 people requires a small team to collate compile the formal documentation.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake a baseline security clearance prior to starting, if you do not already have an SC level MOD clearance the client will apply for one for you whilst you are in post.
This role is working Inside IR35.