The role will involve the technical assurance and detailed design coordination of Statutory Undertakers’ designs affected by the Project proposals and other Third-Party assets.
The Water and Wastewater Design Coordination Engineer should use their knowledge and experience to identify and deliver value engineering opportunities and ensure that the needs of the project are met; ensure that the coordinated detailed designs are feasible and compliant with relevant Industry Standards and ensure the designs are efficient and deliverable.
- Provide technical assurance that the Third-Party designs meet objectives.
- Undertake detailed design reviews of pipelines diversions, connections and protection provision.
- Provide technical support for the SU Project Managers;
- Contribute to a coordinated utility design in the form of models, drawings and specifications including mitigating interfaces/integration clashes within the respective Third-Party design deliverables.
- Timely response to Third-Party technical queries and requests for information.
- Comply with CDM regulations and support the Principal Designer in the development of the Pre-Construction Information;
- Contribution and adherence to client change management processes and procedures
- Contribution and adherence to client Information Management System processes and procedures.
- Contribution and review of ground investigation strategy and results.
- Water and Wastewater Design Coordination Lead Engineer
- Utilities Specialist Advisory Team Delivery Lead
- Utilities Specialist Advisory Team Technical Lead
- The relevant Statutory Undertakers
- SU Interface Project Managers
- Area Design Coordinators
- Construction/logistics team
- Actively promote the client HSSW Strategy and Approach.
- To hold health, safety, security and wellbeing (HSSW) as a key project value and participate in the creation, development and implementation of HSSW strategies.
- CASCADE is committed to promoting an inclusive working environment for all staff and expects its team leaders to make best use of their skill to create an inclusive culture free from discrimination or harassment.
- Experience in water and wastewater design and/or design coordination.
- Experience working on large infrastructure projects would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience working on design solutions for complex projects.
- Understanding of CESWI, NRSWA, NJUG, Multi Utilities Specifications.
- Working knowledge of potable and foul water network interventions, construction methodology and commissioning.
- Experience working to BIM Level 2 is preferred.
- Experience of Development Consent Orders is beneficial but not essential.
- Able to work collaboratively and contribute to a team
- Able to put project aims above personal preference
- Sound judgement, ability to support decision making on complex issues among multiple parties
- To be able to work across diverse teams
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders clearly and concisely both within and outside of the project.