2 months ago
To provide advice to Client on matters concerning management of radioactive and non-radioactive wastes including, but not limited to, the characterisation, management, production, storage, packaging and consignment of waste. The job holder will also ensure that waste is consigned from site compliantly in accordance with BAT and project (or facility) waste management plans whilst meeting the needs of operational or project teams.
Act as a point of contact between the client Waste Team and other areas of the business.
Agree project deliverables with the Project Manager and ensure the plan address all waste management requirements.
Update waste activities on the project plan in accordance with PM requirements.
Forecast and agree waste resources to meet planned deliverables.
Provide advice on the management, production, disposal and treatment of waste to ensure that waste disposals meet appropriate regulatory standards.
To ensure off-site transport of radioactive material and other dangerous goods meet regulatory standards.
Provide advice to client on characterisation of radioactive and non-radioactive wastes to ensure that work can be undertaken safely, and that the BAT waste option(s) can be chosen.
To lead BAT optioneering studies.
Provide training and coaching to staff and contractors on the requirements of waste management at client.
Undertake audits on behalf of clientand lead investigations as required.
- In depth knowledge of disposal and treatment routes for wastes in the UK and overseas
- Thorough understanding of legislation and frameworks that impact waste management in the UK
- Transport of Class 7 materials and wastes by Road
- Understanding of characterisation methodology for radioactive and non-radioactive wastes (including the Data Quality Objectives and Data Quality Assessment processes)
- Degree in a scientific or engineering based subject
- Certificate of competence to act as a Radioactive Waste Adviser
- Transport of Class 7 by Road Level 2 or Level 3