£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client is looking for a Waste Specialist to support the Waste & Decommissioning team in the provision of specialist advice on land quality management and conventional waste matters.
Activities to be delivered within the role:-
- Support the Lead Waste Management Specialist, as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the clients Management System when required.
- Support the Lead Waste Management Specialist on issues related to land quality management.
- Support the completion of desk and site-based land quality investigations.
- Support the Lead Waste Management Specialist on a range of conventional waste management issues.
- Assist in ensuring that the Waste & Decommissioning engineering design is compatible with the BAT case, permit applications and DCO submission.
- Support the identification, documentation and management of Waste & Decommissioning engineering design team interfaces regarding conventional waste discharges.
- Support Optioneering on assigned Waste & Decommissioning engineering design aspects of the project.
- Apply safe systems of work at an individual level, with due regard for all Health and Safety legislation and best practices.
- Support the development of the clients Procedures and Forms that comply with the requirements of their Nuclear and Environmental Safety Principles and Criteria.
- Support the production of environmental risk assessments and waste management plans.
- Support the Implementation of Quality procedures relevant to assigned work.
Skills and Experience
- Candidates must hold a degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering or science subject and preferably hold professional membership of an appropriate institution.
- Evidence of continuous professional development. Working towards membership of an appropriate professional body e.g. IEMA/CIWM.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Experience of working in a highly-regulated industry, and demonstrates good knowledge of the relevant environmental legislation and codes and standards.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery (through self and others).
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.