3 months ago
Waste Officer, Contract, Nuclear, Aldermaston
Our Client require a Waste Officer to work on the Aldermaston site undertaking all waste related tasks and issues associated with a current Nuclear Decommissioning project.
This role will require the use of RPE so the candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and routine D&A testing.
The role requires minimum SC clearance for site access and the chosen candidate must be willing to undergo and obtain DV clearance.
- Positive, self-motivating and open to change.
- Takes responsibility for their own decisions and understands the impacts on their area.
- Good communicator both written & oral with staff at all levels.
- Inquisitive nature and desire to drive constant improvement.
- Ability to work independently and to generate and plan own programmes of work with the knowledge of when to seek advice from the Waste Specialist.
- Ability to work effectively and enthusiastically as part of a team where necessary.
- Ability to conduct audits and investigations and to assess proposed improvement schemes.
- Understanding of the fundamental requirements of the waste hierarchy and waste segregation and storage.
- Self-confidence to challenge long established processes and activities in order to manage waste in line with the waste hierarchy.
- Willingness to undertake necessary training and update knowledge as and when required.
- A background in Waste Management/Environmental operations would be an advantageous
- Good analytical abilities
- Good computer skills are essential
- Waste Management/Environmental qualifications would be an advantage.