13 days ago
Waste Officer , Contract, Aldermaston
Our Client require a Waste Officer to work on the Aldermaston site undertaking all waste related tasks and issues associated with a current Nuclear Decommissioning project.
This role will require the use of RPE so the candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and routine D&A testing.
The role requires minimum SC clearance for site access and the chosen candidate must be willing to undergo and obtain DV clearance.
The Waste Officer duties are to include but not limited to:
- Management on a day to day basis the activities of the Nuclear Waste Team.
- Management of all Nuclear generated project waste including the correct accountancy and designation to the correct waste stream.
- Liaison and co-ordination of waste operations with facility staff and Waste Services Group.
- Liaison and co-ordination of waste operations
- Follow the company's Best Available Technique (BAT) process for each of the waste streams.
- Follow the company's Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC) and LLWR WAC for each of the waste streams.
- Update the Waste Service Agreement every 2 years or when operations change.
- Liaise with Health Physics on waste related matters.
- Liaise with Analytical Sciences on waste related matters.
- Consult with the Waste Specialist on waste related matters.
- Carry out Workplace Assessments.
- Understand fully the client's Environmental Permits.
- Assist with the preparation of safe systems of work (method statements and associated risk assessments.
- Carry out EMIT tasks associated with Waste Management.
- Ensure task related documentation is approved and available prior to commencement of waste operations.
- Ensure materials, plant and equipment is available for operations and fit for use.
- Briefing and debriefing operatives on tasks, ensuring awareness of any hazards and compliance with pre-prepared safe systems of work.
- Ensure work is undertaken in accordance with both the company's and the clients' corporate procedures and local safety, and quality instructions/procedures
- Use the systems of work provided by the company and client to safeguard people, quality, security and environment
- Act as focal point within the project for local waste issues.
- Complete waste record cards and appropriate documentation to ensure expedient processing of waste from origin to the waste management group.
- Complete waste records on the site Dynamic Database (SRWMRS) and appropriate documentation to ensure expedient processing of waste from origin to the Waste Management Group.
- You will be expected to attend the Client's Waste related seminars, Visual Management Boards and other waste related meetings.
- Periodically review facility/business area to ensure wastes produced are managed in line with the principles of the waste hierarchy.
- Control the management of local waste stores/holding areas in accordance with legislative, company and local safety requirements.
- Negotiate and agree service interaction agreements with the waste route on behalf of the facility, business area or project.
- Provide advice to facility/business area on waste issues.
- Act as liaison between waste producers and Waste Department via the Service Desk to enable effective transfer of waste and information/knowledge.
- Lead or participate in waste inspections and audits in own area and that of peers.
- Proactively investigate assurance events when necessary.
- Assist with organising specialist sampling/waste analysis where necessary.
- Demonstrate to Regulators or external inspection bodies, when required, the effectiveness of waste processes in use within their working area.
- Attend waste officer forum and share experiences and good practices with peers.
- Liaise with Facility Environmental Rep (FER) on areas of common interest.
- Waste Management/Environmental qualifications would be an advantage.
- A background in Waste Management/Environmental operations would be an advantageous. Good analytical abilities.
- Good computer skills are essential