Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
To provide advice to the company on matters concerning management of radioactive and non-radioactive wastes including, but not limited to, the characterisation, management, production, storage, packaging and consignment of waste. The job holder will also ensure that waste is consigned from site compliantly in accordance with BAT and project (or facility) waste management plans whilst meeting the needs of operational or project teams.
- Provide the business with waste management, characterisation and transport advice to all levels of the business.
- You shall prepare waste documentation for the disposal / treatment of consignments of waste from the Capenhurst Site.
- Plan waste consignments.
- Be a main point of contact between the Waste Services Team and other areas of the business. This person is expected to ensure that the waste management needs of operational areas and current and future projects are understood as early as possible so that the company can provide an adequate service and that projects are not delayed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the site follows approved waste processes.
- Provide training and coaching to staff and contractors.
- Implementation of BAT and effective management of resources, that value to the business is ensured.
- Act as a point of contact between the Waste Team and other areas of the business.
- Agree project deliverables with the Project Manager and ensure the plan address all waste management requirements
- Update waste activities on the project plan in accordance with PM requirements
- Forecast and agree waste resources to meet planned deliverables
- Provide advice on the management, production, disposal and treatment of waste to ensure that waste disposals meet appropriate regulatory standards
- To ensure offsite transport of radioactive material and other dangerous goods meet regulatory standards
Education & Qualifications Required
- Degree in a scientific or engineering based subject
- Certificate of competence to act as a Radioactive Waste Adviser
- Transport of Class 7 by Road Level 2 or Level 3