Up to £0.00 per annum
9 days ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the Kent area has a longer- term contract for a Waste Co-Ordinator
Purpose of Role
To provide waste management co-ordination across the site to secure safe and compliant waste disposal.
* Provide waste management advice to projects and infrastructure teams.
* Provide support to Waste Specialists as required.
* Carry out timely investigation of events.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
* The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
In addition, a Waste Coordinator at a site has the following responsibilities:
* To coordinate waste management field operations to approved waste management procedures and standards
* Monitor site waste generation against agreed project schedules within the Lifetime Plan
* Support the off-site disposal of waste consignments as required
* Ensure site waste operation activities are executed safely and compliantly
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
APPROPRIATE TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS E.G. CITY & GUILDS, BTEC, NVQ LEVEL 3 (NQF LEVEL 3) OR EQUIVALENT OPERATIONAL EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
EXPERIENCE IN AN OPERATIONS/HEALTH PHYSICS/WASTE ENVIRONMENT
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF RELEVANT INDUSTRIAL, RADIOLOGICAL AND SAFETY STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
UNDERSTANDING OF WASTE MANAGEMENT PROCESSES AND RELEVANT ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATION
ABILITY TO TRAVEL BETWEEN OTHER SITES AND ATTEND OFFSITE MEETINGS AS REQUIRED
This contract role is inside IR35
Base line security clearance will be needed for this role.