Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £8.72 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have a vacancy for a brand new role for a Waste & Recycling Co-ordinator.
Please note this is a Temp to Perm Position..
We are looking for a Waste & Recycling Co-ordinator to join our busy team at Knutsford. The responsibility of the job holder is to ensure the efficient segregation and disposal of waste generated by operations to maximise recycling opportunities together with reducing costs. To carry out a range of site facility tasks in order to ensure environmental compliance and the smooth running of the operations departments.
* Maintain and clean drainage systems around the site.
* Maintain high standards of housekeeping in external Areas of the site and carry out facility maintenance, for example painting and general minor repair work to the fabrics of the building and facilities.
* Assist in production support by ensuring the stores are stocked and dies and vents are clean and available to reduce down time on the extruders.
* Working with all department to ensure the effective segregation, quality, labelling and storage of recycled waste streams.
* Minimise materials sent to waste to energy by maximising recycling opportunities to reduce the cost of waste management across the site.
* Maintain waste and recycling storage areas with excellent housekeeping standards.
* Contact waste service provider to arrange collections of waste and recycled materials, minimising transport costs by maximising loads.
* Operate the forklift truck to load waste on to vehicles and handle skip collections from site.
* Sort, segregate and repair pallets to minimise cost of replacements.
* Carry out weekly Inspection of drains and drainage filters basket, clean as required to ensure compliance with the Pellet loss prevention programme.
* Maintain the site facilities by cleaning external areas of the site, painting and minor repairs as and when required.
* Assist with routine operations safety and environment checks and inspection.
* Maintain files for all duty of care notes.
* Attend training events to develop relevant knowledge and skills where required.
* Good communication (verbal & written) skills
* Computer literate
* Numeracy skills
* Problem solving
* Decision making
* Works well under pressure
* Positive and flexible attitude to work
* Full Time (40 hours per week)
* 8.00am to 4.30pm (with 30 minutes for lunch)
* Monday to Friday
The package is as follows
Permanent, Full Time
Holidays: 23 days rising to 26 days with service plus Band Holidays
Death In Service: x 1
Closing date Friday 1st March 2019