10 months ago
We are currently looking to recruit for a Warehouse Supervisor to work a new weekend shift on our Late Shift. This role which is based in Petersfield will require the successful candidate to work 24 hours over the weekend Late Option 11am-11pm Saturday & Sunday with an additional 16 hours during the week to make up a 40-hour contract.
You will require a fork lift truck licence and hold experience in supervising.
Reporting to the Warehouse Team Manager, the successful role holder will play a significant role in supporting the engagement of employees within the Warehouse. A key part of the role will be organising the team to accurately, efficiently and safely ensure that Manufacturing and Assembly are supported as required and ensure that maximum efficiency is achieved. Propose process improvements and support current and future initiatives to enhance the Warehouse input to Supply Chain improvements.
* Be responsible for maintaining Health and Safety requirements and ensure staff are fully trained and briefed as required
* Feedback relevant information from the shift handover meeting to the team
* Ensure all operators adhere to procedures and report any exceptions to the Team Manager
* Notify, escalate to the Team Manager any issues that may impact service
* Monitor the performance of the team in line with department targets and objectives
* Undertake training and cross training of staff
* Ensure GMP and BBS audits are carried out as required
* Hold regular 1:1's to set objectives and manage expectations
The ideal candidate will:
* Have excellent communication skills
* Be self-disciplined, able to prioritise and manage their own workload and the workload of others proactively
* Possess the self-drive to assist in a positive change environment
* Possess basic IT skills (Outlook, Word)
* Be solutions driven, able to identify and achieve positive outcomes with little support
* Previous experience of supervising a small team would be an advantage
* Possession of a forklift and counterbalance license is essential