Up to £25.00 per hour
8 days ago
Description of the Job
A leading and innovative aerospace manufacturers are seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager, initially on a contract basis on 5 months.
The successful applicant will join the new space programme Production Facility.
- To be responsible for delivery of continuous improvement activities within the logistics environment in line with programme objectives.
- Lead and champion quality and safety initiatives within the workplace.
- To be responsible for the accurate receipt of all goods and coordinate within the Goods inwards, inspection & stores areas.
- Responsible for accurate Kitting and delivery to production of all Production Line orders ensuring Airbus agreed procedures are followed and recorded.
- To ensure the accuracy and availability of inventory by performing cycle counting in accordance with the business system operation procedures both in the warehouse and shop floor containment areas.
- To ensure that all 'use by date' substances / material is monitored and maintained to the highest level to and replaced before end of use by date.
- Monitor and report any stock abnormalities in regard to production usage and where needed request replacement material to ensure the production line does not stop.
- Comply with Non-conforming Product process.
- To provide cover & support to other areas of Logistics including OCD stores as and when required.
Outline Job Profile:
- Manage reception of goods.
- Book all Purchase Order related deliveries into SAP.
- Receipt of any ITAR controlled items in accordance with procedures.
- Manage delivery queries contacting Production Planning, Material Controllers and Purchasing etc.
- Receive and package items for external delivery for the Farnborough site.
- Package items & arrange transport for collection using courier online system for UK only.
- Pack or assist in the packing / loading of items in readiness for overseas shipment, including specific export of spares within dedicated export packaging.
- Contact transport department to arrange transport in accordance with procedure.
- Assist in the loading of outgoing deliveries into containers using the check list provided.
- Control delivery of chemical consumables from supplier to various locations throughout the site.
- Maintain the shelf life material both in the stores and production areas, control of the use by dates.
- Provide production with adequate consumable / material to assembly / operational lines.
- Pick and load kitting Trolleys and deliver to enable production to maintain their build schedule.
Required skills and experience:
- Reporting to the Transport, Logistics & Customs Manager
- Proven experience of operating efficient and effective store control / goods receipt in a controlled environment.
- Previous experience of leading a small team would be an advantage.
- Proven delivery of continuous improvement / safety / quality initiatives within a similar environment.
- Proven and demonstrable evidence of delivery within a similar role.
- Knowledge and experience of handling hazardous materials.
- Ability to meet set deadlines from within Production and other stakeholders.
- Good communication skills and be computer literate.
- Be methodical and organised, able to ensure operating procedures for the stores are enforced on all levels.
- Experience of working in a modern production facility.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multitask.
- The role will have a degree of manual handling.
- Experience with SAP an advantage.
- The role will require travel between local sites and some travel and so you will require a full driving licence and valid passport.
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/