Belfast, County Antrim
Up to £12.00 per hour
2 months ago
6 months PLUS
Asap - Notices acceptable
A leading equipment supplier to the defence sector are seeking individuals to join their fast paced stores and kitting department. This is fantastic opportunity to grow within a business as a contractor however the position will be long-term (initially 6 months).
PLEASE NOTE: This role is for standard weekdays but lates and Weekend (overtime) uplifts available
Main Purpose of the role:
- Total flexibility and mobility across all stores, production control and material handling duties and across all general duties.
- Minor machine / equipment maintenance
- The care and security off all equipment, tools and materials within the operator's sphere of operation.
- Kitting of materials in support of production programmes and the accurate update of computer systems as per operating procedures
- Receipt of all materials into the company and the accurate update of systems as per
- operating procedures.
- Packaging and despatch of materials and products to Customers and sites as is required.
- Operation of tool management system to ensure adequate and accurate levels of consumables are available to support production.
- Perform cycle counts to ensure data accuracy and integrity of MRP System.
- Ensure housekeeping of all stores areas in line with Lean and BiT principles.
- Operation of vehicles and material handling equipment as necessary.
- Positive participation in continuous improvement programme.
- Undergo training for various tasks and achieving capability to perform within a reasonable time period.
- Familiarising other operatives in most cost effective ways to perform tasks.
To be the successful candidate you must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally a stores background would be ideal but not essential
- Strong communication abilities
- Attentive and proactive
- Ideally experience working with database and basic IT packages
If this is of interest, please contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516 /