18 days ago
Morson are recruiting for Several Hazardous Goods Warehouse Operatives for Leading defence client based on Portsmouth Naval Base. Please note this is a contract position which is likely to be extended.
MUST HOLD THE FOLLOWING CREDENTIALS
Consignor - ADR
Consignor - IMDG
Consignor IATA I80A
Main purpose of the role:
Support the warehouse management and complete the required tasks to ensure the efficient running of the store, that business objectives are achieved and a high level of service to our customers is maintained.
Core Duties (Key Day to Day Tasks, ideally 10 - 12 points)
· Support the warehouse management and complete the required tasks to ensure the efficient running of the store, that business objectives are achieved and a high level of service to our customers is maintained.
· Visibly demonstrate commitment to SHE performance and improvement by actively engaging with people to raise awareness of safe behaviours and attitudes.
· Undertake all aspects of storekeeping to include issue, receipt, stocktaking, reconciliation & consolidation. Undertake tasks in line with published procedures to ensure compliance and stock accuracy is maintained.
· Use initiative to resolve any customer requests, and take appropriate action to satisfy the requirement. Ensure high priority work is actioned in a timely manner.
· Maintain the required degree of competence in all aspects of Logistics, including IT systems and MHE.
· Provide support to other staff, including on the job training and lead by example.
· Employ a Customer centric 'can do' attitude within the Team ensuring that the Customer's needs are met.
· Willingness to move within organisation to meet the business requirements. Motivated to undertake any task within safe level of competence. Keen to learn new skills. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in processes, working practices and team efficiency.
· Dangerous goods knowledge including goods by air, sea & road
· Good knowledge of storekeeping principles, H&S Procedures Understanding of the importance of customer focus & achieving deadlines
Budget Holder Responsibility (£):
Functional Knowledge (Requirements for knowledge of functional work and activities)
· Experience of Logistics within BAE Systems/ MoD or external industries.
· Ability to learn and be competent in the use of multiple IT systems.
Business Expertise (Requirements of the position for knowledge and expertise about the business rather than the technical expertise)
· Knowledge of Naval Base and its operations and priorities
· Experience in Warehouse Operations.
Leadership (Requirements of the position for providing leadership and guidance to others)
· Be active team member and support achievement of team deliverables
Problem Solving (Breadth of mental skills required in order to perform the position)
· Ability to manage problems within area of expertise (e.g. prioritisation of delivery with finite resource availability) and develop sustainable solutions
Nature of Impact (Impact on business by detailing the overall responsibility associated with the position)
· The position has impact through the provision of multiple services -including delivery of materiel for operational needs and OPDEFs, timely transportation services, stock accuracy.
Area of Impact (Business area impacted Delivery/Functional)
· Delivery worldwide to all three services, often to be achieved within 24 hours
· Custodian of a % of surface fleet materiel, and subsequent timely delivery to
Interpersonal Skills (type of people skills required to perform the position)
· Good communication skills
· Able to remain calm and collective whiling dealing with problems.
· Willingness to question and challenge appropriately in order to initiate change