Up to £11.82 per hour
25 days ago
Morson are recruiting on behalf a defence client based in Barrow in Furness. This is initially a 6 month contract but likely to be extended . Please note to apply for this role you must have experience or working knowledge of SAP.
Reporting to the Stores & Logistics Manager, an opportunity has arisen within the stores and Logistics team to deliver all aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People to ensure daily operations targets are met, whilst ensuring good standards of housekeeping, hygiene and health and safety standards. Key responsibilities include:-
- Operate Fork Lift Truck and manual handling equipment, ensuring required Fork Lift Truck checks and routine basic maintenance are completed.
- Support and promote the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People.
- Deliver timely receipt of finished goods / raw materials
- Deliver timely dispatch of finished goods to customers
- Deliver a high level or order picking / dispatch accuracy
- Carry out all transactions related to stock movement accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain high level of accuracy of inventory in the stores
- Complete all operating documentation and transactions
- Control product quality, highlighting non-conformance and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with key operator / team members to ensure compliance to the customer and key targets / daily plan.
- Ensure the flow of materials is quick and efficient and meets customers' demands.
- Ensure stock levels are accurate both physically within stores areas and on SAP.
- Effectively manage workload and proactively identify/report/help resolve actual /potential issues affecting the efficient management of material.
- Aid colleagues with any part problems or stock queries and assist in there resolution.
- Attain and deploy knowledge of required logistics tasks and processes within stores, warehouse and shipping functions.
- Maintain area process indicators and participate in improvement activities.
- Proactively maintain and contribute to a safe working environment in compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental Law, company standards and procedures.
- Report all unsafe or non-compliant situations by taking action, and report all near misses.
- Demonstrate a duty of care towards those you come in contact with and work with.
- Proactively escalate potential Health & Safety issues as and where appropriate.Key
- Effective working knowledge of SAP, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working within a logistics-based environment desirable.
- Customer orientated.
- Good communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
If this position is of interest please apply or call Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/