Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Rate on application
12 months ago
This is a full time post. However, flexible working requests will be considered.
* Understanding safety of people, process and equipment across Donnington site and Warehouse/Logistic activities.
* Ensure all H&S standards and policies are adhered to in accordance with the Clients Values, Standards and ways of working 'Home Safe Every Day'.
* Goods In Department:
To action Supplier deliveries within Goods Inward Department. This task will involve checking incoming products against BaaN to ensure that Delivery has a valid Purchase Order & all other details are correct for acceptance into Supply chain Logistics.
* Receipt Checking:
All new receipts to be checked against a Non-Technical Inspection including Damage, Qty, Quality & Labeling. All Discrepancies found, to be passed to Logistic Quality Dept for Quarantine & Rectification.
* Receipt Put-Away:
Receipt Delivery documentation to be stamped against put-away requirements awaiting action. Items to be put-away to stock in suitable warehouse location, taking into account detail including Size of item, Qty, Hazard, Shelf-Life & Weight.
* Issue / Picking:
Issue picks to be completed from stock location taking into account Customer requirements & work centre distribution point. Picking requirements are Correct Qty, Correct Condition & clear labelling. All discrepancies passed to Team Leader for action. All Issues to be completed within agreed objective of 24 Hrs.
* MHE Operation:
MHE Operation to assist & support warehouse tasks. Safety & observation are essential elements reducing risks in-conjuction with using optimum Manual Handling Tools & Techniques.
To navigate & use I.T Systems including VITAL / OLIVER & BaaN. This supporting warehouse tasks & gaining correct information from trans-action navigation to maintain stock management & spares supply.
Regular housekeeping to be undertaken as part of Warehouse / Receipt & Issue tasks.
Delivery of product to internal customers within agreed objective of 24hrs. This task will include continual delivery to Distribution Points over the working day & any other duties directed by Line Manager.
* Organise Despatch Transport DSDA or Contractor Transport.
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
* Previous Warehouse experience
* Working knowledge of Warehousing IT systems
* MHE Operation
Skills Profile/ Other requirements :
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Proven management record across the supply chain
* Able to work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition
* Ability to relate to both client and customer needs at all levels with respect to operational delivery requirements