Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire
Rate on application
9 days ago
To work within a warehouse environment and undertake the Receipt, Store, Maintain & Issue functions of processing products delivered into the Logistics Supply-chain.
- Safety: Understanding safety of people, process and equipment across sites and Warehouse/Logistic activities & main timely reporting of observation, accident, incident & near-miss into Supervisor for action & escalation.
- Ensure all H&S standards and policies are adhered to in accordance with the company values, standards and ways of working 'Home Safe Every Day'.
- Warehousing / logistics: In scope are the progression of items from both SS3 MoD supply & Industry which includes management of DRS, 1043 Repairable, Special category items of POL, Hazard and other known as general consumable parts.
- Goods in Department:
- To action Supplier deliveries within Goods Inward Department. This task will involve checking incoming products against BaaN to ensure that Delivery has a valid Purchase Order & all other details are correct for acceptance into Supply chain Logistics.
- Receipt Checking:
- All new receipts to be checked against a Non-Technical Inspection including Damage, CofC Qty, Quality & Labelling. All Discrepancies found, to be passed to Logistic Quality Dep't or Supervisor for Quarantine & Rectification.
- Receipt Put-Away:
- Receipt Delivery documentation to be stamped against put-away requirements awaiting action. Items to be put-away to stock in suitable warehouse location, taking into account detail including Size of item, Qty, Hazard, Shelf-Life & Weight.
- Issue / Picking:
- Issue picks to be completed from stock location taking into account Customer requirements & work centre distribution point. Picking requirements are Correct Qty, Correct Condition & clear labelling. All discrepancies passed to Team Leader for action. All Issues to be completed within agreed objective of 24 Hrs.
- MHE Operation:
- MHE Operation to assist & support warehouse tasks. Safety & observation are essential elements reducing risks in-conjunction with using optimum Manual Handling Tools & Techniques.
- To navigate & use I.T Systems including VITAL / OLIVER & BaaN. This supporting warehouse tasks & gaining correct information from trans-action navigation to maintain stock management & spares supply.
- Regular housekeeping to be undertaken as part of Warehouse/Receipt & Issue tasks.
- Distribution: Delivery of product to internal customers within agreed objective of 24hrs. This task will include continual delivery to Distribution Points over the working day & any other duties directed by Line Manager.
- Organise Despatch Transport DSDA or Contractor Transport
- Previous Warehouse experience - Essential
- Working knowledge of Warehousing IT systems - Desirable
- MHE Operation - Desirable