Up to £11.05 per hour
4 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a warehouse/stores person with a leading defence client in Portsmouth at the Docks. The position is for 18 months initially. A forklift is desirable but not essential.
- Support the warehouse management and complete the required tasks to ensure the efficient running of the store, that business objectives are achieved and a high level of service to our customers is maintained.
- Visibly demonstrate commitment to SHE performance and improvement by actively engaging with people to raise awareness of safe behaviours and attitudes.
- Undertake all aspects of storekeeping to include issue, receipt, stocktaking, reconciliation & consolidation. Undertake tasks in line with published procedures to ensure compliance and stock accuracy is maintained.
- Use initiative to resolve any customer requests, and take appropriate action to satisfy the requirement. Ensure high priority work is actioned in a timely manner.
- Provide support to other staff, including on the job training and lead by example.
- Employ a Customer centric 'can do' attitude within the Team ensuring that the Customer's needs are met.
PERSON SPECIFICATION Attribute
Good knowledge of storekeeping principles
H&S Procedures Understanding of the importance of customer focus & achieving deadlines.
Dangerous goods knowledge including goods by air, sea & road
Ability to work as part of a team in a changing environment.
Approx. 2 years or more experience of warehousing processes and procedures
Willingness to learn Warehouse IT systems and MHE.
Ideally of been trained in the use of IT Systems
Willingness to move within organisation to meet the business requirements. Motivated to undertake any task within safe level of competence. Keen to learn new skills. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in processes, working practices and team efficiency.
Willingness to question and challenge appropriately in order to initiate change