East London, London
7 months ago
Our client a key Facilities Management company are in need of a number of Ward Hosts in 5 large NHS Hospitals in the East of London for 16 weeks.
Your responsibilities will be:
* To ensure that patients are provided with appropriate meals, snacks and beverages at the agreed intervals throughout the day.
* Taking food orders using the tablet electronic ordering system (Saffron) at the agreed time for lunch and supper each day.
* Maintain bedside menus are in good condition and cleaned daily. To maintain the suite of special and therapeutic menus and present to patient who require them.
* To prepare hot / cold beverages including load appropriate trolley / equipment and ensure that all beverages are served at the correct temperature according to food hygiene regulations.
* Load regeneration ovens as necessary and monitor and record food temperatures.
* To ensure that at the end of every meal and beverage service that all cutlery, crockery and condiments are removed from the patient areas.
* To wash utensils used in the preparation, regeneration and serving of food and beverages including the cutlery, trays and crockery used for patients
* To ensure patients whose fluid intake is not medically restricted have access to fresh drinking water, 2 water jug changes per day, including ad hoc top ups.
Previous experience is preferred but not essential. Competitive rates of pay.