Up to £50.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our Client requires up to 11 VMware infrastructure Systems Engineers/Integrators to support the New Style of IT (Deployed) project. The role will involve designing and documenting VMware vSphere subsystems with part of this process being to prototype solutions. The prototyped solution would then be used to develop a build specification to allow an automation team to automate the installation and configuration.
The successful engineer will be expected to integrate in to teams responsible for:
- Developing releases within an agile environment
- VMware vSphere infrastructure Low Level Design and implementation of that design
- Support the team in managing and maintaining reference systems
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment
The applicant would ideally have skills in at least some of the following areas and a willingness to learn:
- VMware vSphere (ESXi, vCenter) 6.5 or later
- VMware NSX
- VMware Horizon
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- Scripting using PowerShell.
- IP Networking, load balancing, firewalls and routers using Cisco, Juniper and McAfee
- Undertaking changes in controlled environment
- Atlassian toolset
- Technical documentation production.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.