Greater Manchester, England
Up to £16.27 per hour + Ltd
12 days ago
2 Months Plus
Our client a charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers are currently looking for a Visual Inspector/Asset Inspector for an initial 2 month contract to be based in either Northwich or Rochdale.
The job holder will form part of a team of Engineers and Inspectors, who will contribute to the delivery and development of the Trust's Asset Management Strategies. The job holder will be directly responsible for monitoring, inspecting and making an assessment of the performance of the Trust's assets within their geographic area of responsibility. You will provide technical expertise to assist in the management of infrastructure risk.
- Engineering asset failure - This role must firstly identify the risk and record and changes which enable engineers to categorise it, everything else flows from this.
- Legal duties associated with; Heritage, Environment, Health, Safety & Welfare.
- Influence all appropriate Trust staff and provide advice to allow efficient asset management.
- Work alongside other disciplines to create an efficient customer service response.
- There will be no direct line management of others in the role.
- Responsible for tasks within a specified local area, but, maintaining flexibility to work across waterways.
- Responsible for engaging and briefing specialist expert advice when risks require greater consideration.
- Responsible for undertaking scheduled asset inspections, ensuring that they are completed to plan, data is reviewed, approved and recorded in the prescribed format, to the prescribed quality.
- Support others to assess the outputs from inspections, make informed recommendations and proposals on the prioritisation of required work, accounting for; risks, cost, time, resources, heritage, environment and safety.
- Engage with the Trust's customers whilst inspecting on the network and promote a positive image of the Trust and the work it does. Feedback comments and complaints to the relevant internal teams.
- Support the definition of the maintenance, repair and renewal works for delivery by internal teams and contractors, taking account of, all statutory, technical, operational and customer requirements.
- Provide support to Third Party Works and Externally Funded Works, as and when required.
- Support internal and external enquiries associated with the assets. Respond as appropriate by reference to relevant information sources and offer efficient and cost effective recommendations.
- Building relationships with local representatives of partnerships, regulators and stakeholders to protect, maintain, and continually improve levels of service and improve data held by the Trust.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Membership of relevant professional body at an appropriate level e.g. TMICE desired.
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths or equivalent
- Professional qualification in a relevant technical discipline, i.e. NVQ Level 2 Construction Civil Engineering
- Driving licence
- Demonstrate comprehensive relevant experience and knowledge of waterway infrastructure.
- Proven experience of inspecting / delivering engineering activities.
- Proven experience in assessing infrastructure risk.
- Proven experience in basic computing devices
- Knowledge and understanding of historic infrastructure
- Experience of engineering in the water environment
- Demonstrable experience in cross-functional working across range of functions
- Experience in the delivery of excellent customer service standards
- Able to communicate with technical staff and external contacts.
- Able to support other areas of the business in an appropriate manner.
- Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data to non-technical audiences.
- Good understanding of the Trust Health and Safety requirements
Van and PPE included, please apply today - immediate start available!