£380.00 - £400.00 per day
6 months ago
Job Title - Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer
Location - Newport, Gwent
Rate - £380.00 - £400.00 per day
Duration - 6 Months
The V&V Engineer is responsible to the V&V Team Lead for executing allocated V&V Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
In order to demonstrate suitability for release of a Product, System or Service the V&V Engineer is responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and executing tests based on System Requirements. This will include the capturing of results, preparation of Verification Compliancy Matrices and production of Results and Reporting documentation.
Software/Products/Systems are verified and validated, as well as all supporting documents are produced in accordance with company standards.
*Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints
*Tools, methodologies and testing standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
*Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
Needs to understand and apply general principles and experience to solve complex problems
*Needs sustained technical understanding of all issues to do with V&V activities for the Product, System, or Service for which they are responsible.
*Needs to organise and control their work to deliver the allocated project Work Packages on target
*Needs to apply appropriate tools and techniques to design and develop tests and documentation to standards and specification requirements
*Needs to manage own timekeeping with regard to task milestones
*Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
*Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
*Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
*Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
* Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
o Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
o Cryptographic Devices
o Windows hosted software applications
o Embedded software applications
o TEMPEST approval of equipment
o CE approval of equipment
o Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
* Cyber Defence Systems/Services
* Must have an understanding of Requirements Management and traceability
* Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation
* Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
* Good understanding of Configuration Control
* Desirable Skills
* ISTQB Software Test qualified to at least Foundation Certificate standard
* CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
* Experience and working knowledge of some or all of the following:
o Special To Type Test Equipment (STTE) hardware, software and test data development/preparation
o Automated Testing Techniques
o Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
o ISDN Telecommunications equipment and network management
o TCP/IP network configuration and test
o Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
o Black box software testing
o EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
* Experience of formal Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS)
* Experience of product V&V to achieve UK approved cryptographic/TEMPEST standards