Rate on application
7 months ago
Morson International are currently seeking a reliable Vehicle Technician to work for one of our defence clients based in Woolwich. This is a fixed term contract position for 12 months.
Due to the nature of this role, applicants are required to be level 3 qualified.
Main purpose of Role:
Inspection, servicing, repair and overhaul of vehicles, assemblies, electrical and general equipment including diagnostic and inspection duties. Manufacture of miscellaneous items. Carrying out examination tasks to meet production needs subject to necessary training and proficiency.
Carry out duties as above to occasional civilian vehicles and mechanical equipment.
Key Objectives / Accountability
- Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the job card in accordance with the customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, processes and technical publications.
- Diagnostic, inspect and assess vehicles and associated mechanical / electrical equipment in line skills & competency.
- Ensure all job transactions are accurately recorded and carried out in accordance with current ERP processes and that work completed and time taken to complete the job is submitted daily to the department / section Supervisor.
- Completion of vehicle and equipment documentation and test certificates / reports to current standards.
- Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations. Ensure a good standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety in the work area is always maintained . Comply with local policy on the correct disposal of hazardous or waste products.
- Ensure personal tools and workshop equipment is maintained in good serviceable order and report any faults to the section / department Supervisor.