Up to £0.00 per annum + n
9 months ago
I am looking to recruit a Vehicle/Plant Marshall for a prestigious client in Cheltenham.
You will be responsible for directing the movement of vehicles and mobile plant machinery through the school grounds into site. You will be responsible for the loading/unloading of vehicles. Also responsible for overseeing the positioning of cranes etc to ensure they are set up in the correct areas on site and complying with their safe systems of work.
The right candidate will start on the 29th May
Monday to Friday 07.30-17.30
Occasional Saturday 07.30-13.00
30 minute Lunch
2x 15 minute breaks
The right candidate will have:
- Accredited Vehicle Banksman Ticket
- Traffic Marshall Ticket
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Valid CSCS
- CRB checked - although not essential
- Worked near live railway lines - although not essential
- Live in a commutable location to the project
- Have 2 checkable references
- Has the ability to work under pressure while keeping calm
- Has the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Be courteous and polite as you are likely to deal with the general public
- Clearly direct vehicles and mobile plant at all times ensuring they are kept separate, from school users and site operatives.
- Control deliveries to ensure they do not park on the main school roads and that they are held off site until required.
- Work with the site management and supply chain in the coordination and scheduling of deliveries
- Minimise the amount of reversing where possible and be aware of the dangers caused when reversing.
- Ensure road entering site through school grounds is kept clean and from form debris/materials
- Use practical techniques and agreed system of signalling and hand signals to assist drivers and operatives in all manoeuvres.
- Be visible to drivers at all times whilst directing vehicles and plant.
- Stand in a safe position, from which to guide all vehicles without being in the way.
- Keep traffic areas free of pedestrians.
- Have sight and understanding of specific RAMS /lifting plans for deliveries and plant
- Ensure site areas are secured daily and that gates are kept closed at all times.
- Ensure drivers report to the site office for induction and competence checks ahead of setting up.
- Ensure drivers have sufficient fall restraints from vehicles before unloading
- Ensure drivers unload or set up in the correct defined areas and if there is a requirement to change the methodology this is discussed with site management ahead of any change.
- Be fully compliant with PPE requirements of the site and ensure delivery drivers comply
- Co ordinate the compound with materials to ensure efficiencies of re distribution
- When not engaged with the banking of vehicles, be prepared to undertake labouring type duties in keeping site clean etc. under the direction of site management.
- Report any near miss incidents involving vehicle movements on the site to the Project Manager and assist in completing associated paperwork.
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
For more information please contact Charlotte Kirton on 0161 707 1516