Rate on application
8 days ago
Inspection, servicing, repair and overhaul of vehicles, assemblies, electrical and general equipment including diagnostic and inspection duties. Manufacture of miscellaneous items. Carrying out examination tasks to meet production needs subject to necessary training and proficiency.
Carry out duties as above to occasional civilian vehicles and mechanical equipment.
* Report near miss and accidents to Supervisor for escalation in a timely manner, in accordance with HSE policy.
* Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the job card in accordance with the customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, processes and other approved technical publications.
* Diagnose, inspect and assess vehicles and associated mechanical / electrical equipment in line with skills & competency.
* Ensure all job transactions are accurately recorded and carried out in accordance with current ERP processes and that work completed and time taken to complete the job is submitted daily to the department / section Supervisor.
* Completion of vehicle and equipment documentation and test certificates / reports to current standards.
* Ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose and un-used or new faulty material is returned to the section / department Supervisor as soon as it is identified.
* Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations. Ensure a good standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety in the work area is maintained at all times. Comply with local policy on the correct disposal of hazardous or waste products.
* Inform the Supervisor of any issues which directly affect the repair process and any additional work to the task which is not detailed on the job card is deemed necessary to complete the task.
* Consult Supervisor regarding any problems affecting Quality or Health & Safety.
* Provide support across internal trade boundaries and Mobile Support Teams (MST) on a voluntary basis.
* Execute other duties commensurate with grade and post on occasional basis as detailed by his / her Line Management chain.
* Creation of job cards and demanding material where the relevant ERP (Baan) training has been completed.
* Ensure tools and workshop equipment is maintained in good serviceable order and report any faults to the Supervisor.
* Ensuring work areas remain safety compliant in accordance with Quality standards and all relevant policies.
* Ensuring personal compliance with PPE requirements
The post holder has accountability for:
* Carrying out work in an efficient manner
* Carrying out work in accordance with prescribed technical information
* Ensuring appropriate PPE is worn in accordance with policy
* Complying with clocking policy and Flexible Working
The post holder has delegated Authority to:
* Sign for completion of own work in accordance with prescribed technical information
* Stop work if safe environment for work is compromised
* Query or challenge quality of technical information to Supervisor if deemed inappropriate to complete work to a known standard