£35.00 - £40.00 per hour + Ltd Co
over 1 year ago
6 Months +
Value Stream Manager
Responsible for developing and managing product and information flow within the value stream in accordance with lean methodology to achieve value stream KPI's.
Strong people leadership and resource management skills are essential t deliver against performance objectives focused on continuous improvement and people development within the value stream.
* Accountable for all operational results (Safety, Inventory, Quality, Cost, and Delivery) across the value stream defined from raw material reception through finished goods shipment.
* Accountable for reporting and delivering to all KPI's which drive the operation to continuously improve, ensuring the Team Leaders (TL) maintain all key KPI data & visual management boards.
* Define and deliver Continuous Improvement Plans for the value stream from future state maps. Prioritise and task manage value stream support team to perform against KPI's and budget.
* Accountable for contact between the value stream and all external stakeholders in the production process (shared resource manager, sub-contractors, external logistics personnel) in terms of delivery performance, quality issues, and flow between the facilities.
* Through the TLs, ensure that all employees are fully conversant and compliant with the Company's Health and Safety policies. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is effectively implemented and managed.
Key Performance Indicators: Delivery Schedule Achievement (DSA)
* Accountable for achieving on time delivery to all external and internal customers.
* Accountable for overall capacity planning of people, machine and support functions within the value stream to ensure continuous flow through the value stream.
* Accountable for defining and implementing flow systems, in line with the Future State Value Stream Map, to meet customers' requirements. Work with suppliers, procurement, and shared resources as required.
* Accountable for a business continuity plan for the value stream.
Key Performance Indicators: Efficiency and Inventory
* Accountable for the Value Stream budget, whilst possessing sufficient knowledge of local operations to understand changes in performance and implement immediate countermeasures.
* Manage inventory in line with budget and WIP targets.
* Champion capital expenditures for value stream, escalate out of control conditions, and implement recovery plan as needed.
* Provide input to Finance and Operations Manager for budget creation.
* Accountable for all communication with Team Leaders, Value Stream support staff, and relevant operations personnel.
* Support Operations Team Leaders in acting as a Key Communicator. Communicate consistently and effectively to all employee representatives, external suppliers, management team and customers as appropriate. Provide appropriate feedback on a regular and when needed basis.
* Actively resolve issues using standard model of leadership behaviour: setting expectations, coaching, recognition, constructive feedback, and escalation where appropriate.
* Leading and sponsoring improvement activities using lean methodology, tools, and techniques.
* Ensure that all team members have equal opportunity to contribute to improvement and identify training needs within the team.
* Manage employee relations on a day-to-day basis, working within GKN procedures and ensure effective interfaces with employees' representatives.
* Support and monitor the development of all employees in value streams and support functions via Personal Development Plans (PDPs), reviews and feedback.
* development and maintenance of skills matrix accordingly.
* Coach and manage the Team Leaders and direct reports through their Personal Development Review (PDR) and Personal Development Plans (PDP) to improve Value Stream performance.
* Promote and develop EI activities and ensure effective shift start up meetings around PVDs (Primary Visual Displays) and allocate time for Team Leaders to lead weekly/monthly EI activities.
* Accountable for the operational and organisational management of the team ensuring that all Value Stream KPI objectives are achieved.
* Address performance issues in a timely and appropriate fashion. Where necessary, initiate corrective action.
* Report weekly to Operations Manager performance against KPI's and business improvement plans.
* Develop systems in value stream to create and monitor flow, evoking standard reaction procedures when flow is disrupted.
* Accountable for sufficient supervisory / essential skill set cover for all periods of operation including Fire Marshall, First Aid, Team Leader cover, as well as operators' skill sets.
* Provide accountability through Team Leaders for all overtime requests.
* Identify gaps in skills through Professional Development Reviews (PDRs) to be closed by Functional Heads.
- Aircraft and manufacturing experience desirable.
- Quality system awareness.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Awareness of HSE requirements.
- Resource management skills.
- Supervisory management skills.
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance/budgeting.
- Understanding of a commercial business environment.