Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
over 1 year ago
12 months +
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
The role will support utilities protection/diversion works and £250m of temporary utility connections required to deliver Construction in support of a large and complex infrastructure programme.
The job holder will support the Utilities Manager to deliver the activities required to meet programme requirements and oversee the day to day management of the utilities works processes.
- Assist the Utilities Manager in developing delivery and assurance processes for the utilities works programme
- Effective coordination across teams ensuring that their interdependencies are incorporated.
- Support members of the Central Engineering Team in their application of bespoke utilities and wider processes for the utilities works programme.
- Assist the development of a detailed project plan for the utilities work stream, which includes facilitating the identification of key milestones and activities.
- Attend regular meetings to monitor the progress of the project(s) and work that needs to be completed.
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication enabling rapid articulation of the impacts of changes to scope or late delivery and aid the delivery teams in providing mitigation.
- Actively work to understand activities and milestones in the wider programme and ascertain their impact upon the utilities work.
- Assist in identifying, assessing and managing risk, making sure these risks are entered into the risk register and actively managed.
- Provide updates for inclusion in progress reports to Project Board; support procurement in delivering the contractor frameworks.
- Facilitating and supporting other key meetings (internal and external) with recording, writing and communicating actions and key points.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Commercially orientated, with a proven track record of taking responsibility and leading from the front.
- Understanding of project management techniques and some knowledge of their implementation in a commercial environment.
- Previous track record in the delivery side of professional services/construction/complex engineering projects is desirable.
- Graduate or equivalent HND, ideally in engineering or project management.
- Demonstrable ability using MS Office products and MS Project.