Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
10 months ago
Responsible for the identification, coordination and management of all Utility interfaces / diversions both from a Contested and Uncontested aspect throughout the geographical areas. Using a collaborative approach with the other Main Works Civils Contractors, Enabling Works Contractors, Utility Providers and stakeholders in order to deliver the best value for the Project. Utility Management forms part of the required collaboration approach detailed in the Works Information e.g. WI 300 & WI 925.
You will pro-actively work with the Utility Manager and respective Construction and Design Management Teams to ensure the Utility Works both from a contestable & un-contestable perspective are planned and coordinated into the Stage 1 & 2 programme.
- Provide visible leadership and expertise in all matters relating to utilities internally and with the client, Statutory authorities, supply chain, government, local authorities and communities
- Collaborate with other Lot Contractors and stakeholders to understand, manage and mitigate the impact of the works and minimise disruption
- Produce and provide a conduit for all Utility related data, using smart TOOLS to manage utility scheduling, monitoring, programming and interfaces with all the above stakeholders and provide constructability insight & solutions as required working closely with the Design and Construction teams.
- Identify and assist with the management of local communities which will be impacted by local utility works associated with the Project.
- Work with the Planning team to identify, plan and monitor all utility provisions across the project, identify critical path works and ensure interfaces with other teams are maintained and kept informed.
- In conjunction with the Utility Manager, Own, develop and implement the Utility Management plan and requirements of WI 0925 together with the asset handover and adoption of completed works to the relevant statuary authorities once works are completed.
- Provide report information in relation to Utility Scope planned and progressed each period.
- Work with the Estimator & commercial teams to provide detailed costs breakdowns for all proposed Contestable Utility Works to be undertaken by the Main Works Contractor.
- Work with the construction planning team to develop detailed programmes for the Utility works which include key milestones for land & consents requirements, environmental impacts, statutory authority lead times, interface with construction deliverables and adoption / handover process on completion.
- Works closely with the Utility Manager and the Construction teams to provide a joined up approach to planning and delivery of the Utility works across the Contracts.