Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
29 days ago
Assisting the Utilities Manager for the management of designed services coordination to provide a design on time, optimized and in accordance with the Client's requirements.
Review regularly performance against agreed internal and external targets in relation to utilities.
Provide strong support to the discipline lead in the design development within the IDMT for utilities understanding of the impacts on other disciplines.
Provide assistance in the study of optimization/assumptions and liaison with the commercial, planning, design delivery teams, and designers.
Support the link and coordination with Construction for management of topics such as utilities coordination with the construction Programme.
Assist the discipline lead in issues related to constructability, TW integration (coordination with Construction + leading designer action)
Monitor and control the progress of BOQ and related model review related to utilities.
Help in the management and coordination of the utilities Design, with close liaison with other disciplines
Promote and provide coordination of all design and assurance deliverables with interfacing organizations, including utility companies
Maintain close liaison and collaboration with HS2 technical team as required.
Skills / Knowledge:
· Experience in major civil engineering works
· Knowledge of relevant highways design standards and its applicability for the design
· A good communicator and able to build positive working relationships, internally and with the utilities companies.
· Ability to coordinate and manage own workload supporting project delivery.
· Resilient, positive & confident character
· IT skills - MS Office suite
· Possession of good organizational and communication skills
· Preferably understanding of HS2 Act (or similar) requirements and the constraints this applies
· Experience of working on design and build contracts (desirable)
· Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.